For the last three weeks we have been working on clearing tradescantia from a patch of the Elm Park stream where we collect our weekly data samples. Ranger Robynne dropped us in some black plastic bags so we collected up the tradescantia that we pulled out over the previous two weeks. We are happy to report that we did not find much rubbish in and around the reserve. Great news. The stream is still blocked by fallen trees from the last storm.
Picking up the dried out weed that we collected
One clear patch...
There is still loads of the pest tradecantia to remove... it is all along the stream
Bagged tradescantia left for the MCC contractors to remove